Red River Dance is seeking a qualified candidate for its Executive Director position. Job description below. Apply by July 5, 2019. Application screenings begin July 8.
Executive Director, Red River Dance Organization:
Red River Dance is an industry-leading studio that invests in relationships to build strong physical, technical, and creative dancers. Red River Dance provides quality instruction, choreography and performance opportunities for dancers of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds by valuing integrity, relationships, growth, adaptability and creativity.
Red River Dance values integrity at the core of our business practices. We build meaningful relationships with our dancers, families, staff and larger community. The organization prioritizes tangible character building experiences on and off the stage. We value learning through self assessment and goal setting. Red River Dance anticipates and responds to diverse needs. Through the art of dance, we ignite passion and provide a framework for safe self-expression. We foster an environment that pushes the boundaries of imagination leading to unexpected discoveries.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the administrative leader of Red River Dance.
This individual provides ethical, strategic, transparent, and values-centered leadership. Equally comfortable managing the external and internal aspects of the job, the Executive Director recognizes the importance of these different spheres to the organization’s ultimate success.
Responsible for oversight and hands-on execution of all key administrative functions, the Executive Director manages fundraising, resource and business development, financial management, communications/marketing/PR, board governance, human resources, and community partnership and relations. The Executive Director leads, supports, and empowers the administrative team and collaborates with the board in service of the mission and vision of Red River Dance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Fundraising and Resource Development
● Identify and cultivate new funding sources and maintain and nurture existing community, foundation, and individual donor relationships
● Develop innovative approaches to fundraising including corporations, foundations, and government grant writing; individual appeals; donor cultivation; events; and digital campaigns
● Oversee and implement the annual fundraising and grants calendar, including leading the execution of fundraising events and appeals
● Support Board members in identification of prospects and subsequent fundraising appeals
● In partnership with the administrative team, develop the annual budget and oversee adherence to the budget by monitoring expenditures and revenues
● Manage the organization’s financial health and operations ensuring fiscal sustainability and integrity
● Work with the Board Treasurer to develop budgets and reports necessary for appropriate financial oversight
● Ensure compliance with all funding and business related requirements (e.g., insurance renewal, tax filings, etc.) and reporting Operations Management
● Responsibility for keeping office systems and technology platforms in good working order and ensuring they meet the organization’s needs
● Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and public relations plan for the organization that includes regular communication with the community, press, funders, and stakeholders
● Work to keep the organization’s outward facing presence current through website updates and social media activity
● Serve as an ex officio non-voting member of the Board of Directors and Board committees and attend all Board meetings
● Assist the Board President in developing Board meeting agendas
● Provide, in a timely manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions at and in between Board meetings
● Collaborate with the Board President in Board Recruitment and Development of Human Resources
● Hire, manage, and supervise administrative staff, teachers, and interns
● Conduct annual performance evaluations and identify professional development needs and plans for direct reports
● Provide leadership and guidance to direct as well as non-direct reports
● Identify, develop, and nurture diverse relationships in the broader community with the goal of promoting and advocating for the organization
● Serve as a spokesperson for the organization to constituents, the media, board member candidates, and the public
Qualifications and Experience:
Our ideal candidate possesses the following Professional Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
● 3+ years nonprofit experience
● Transparent and high integrity leadership. Previous nonprofit leadership experience preferred
● Strong non-profit financial literacy and budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
● Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
● Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, task facilitation, and time management
● Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
● Strong public speaking ability and written communication skills
● Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and critical thinking skills
● Interest in the performing arts Compensation and benefits:
Salary range $50,000 – $60,000 depending on experience. Benefits include health insurance, continuing education, PTO and retirement plan.
Interested applicants should email resume to: RRDBoardOfDirectors@gmail.com.