- This event has passed.
Metro Quilt Expo at Ramada Fargo
May 3 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm$5
Free lectures and demonstrations scheduled throughout Metro Quilt Expo
In addition to viewing several hundred quilts, voting for a favorite, shopping for books, thread, fabric and notions at the vendor/merchants mall, attendees are invited to sit in on any number of lectures/demonstrations scheduled on the hour throughout the Expo.
- Barn Quilts with Mary Jo Schmidt, Crooked Lane Farm
- A Pattern is Just a Suggestion with Colleen Carlson , showing pattern changes from small edits to large leaps.
- Basic Design Principals for Quilters with Kate Eelkema, quilt show judge.
- All Machine Binding with Clem Buzick
- All Machine Binding
- English Paper Piecing
- Log Cabin rulers
- Untangling Wool Applique threads
- Mono printing on fabric
- Untangling the Wool
- Applique Threads
Lectures and demos begin on the hour starting at 10 am each morning and are free with quilt show admission.
In addition to the demos and lectures, 183 Trading Company will conduct a mini-class on Dorset Buttons Saturday at 1 pm. Space is limited and a $7 kit fee is required.
The Metro Quilt Expo is scheduled Friday, May 3 from 9 am – 6 pm and Saturday, May 4 from 9 am to 5 pm. Children 12 and under are admitted free of charge.