Last August, The Arts Partnership and Vinyl Taco collaborated to host a Record Art Silent Auction featuring artwork made out of vinyl records.
Now, for the silent auction this year in August, Vinyl Taco is taking it up a notch with an auction featuring artwork made from electric guitars!
A total of 8 electric guitars are available to become art pieces. Because of this limited number, Vinyl Taco and The Arts Partnership are seeking art proposals from all types of visual artists through the form at the bottom of this post until 5 p.m. June 19, 2019.
The guitars will hang at Vinyl Taco throughout the month of August with a closing party on Tuesday, August 27. Each guitar will have artist information attached to it and be available for auction throughout the month. Servers will keep track and manage the bids, which will start at a minimum bid of $150. At the end of the auction, the top bid of each guitar will be equally divided between the artist and The Arts Partnership. Guitars will not be available to take home until the silent auction closes on August 27.
Throughout the month of August, The Arts Partnership and Vinyl Taco will promote the auction on social media.
– A sub-committee will review the proposals submitted through the form below for consideration.
– All applicants will be notified by June 26. The eight chosen artists will be given further information for how to pick up the guitars at this time. IMPORTANT NOTE: Artists will be required to pick up their own guitars. Mailing is not an option.
– All electric guitars are black and white.
– Guitars from chosen artists will need to be created and returned to The Arts Partnership office by Wednesday, July 24.
– Vinyl Taco and The Arts Partnership have the right to decline any submissions, retract this Call for Artists for any reason and/or issue an additional Call for Artists at any time.
– Deadline to submit a proposal is 5 p.m. Wednesday, June 19.
Guidelines for Art Selection
– Artists are able to do whatever they’d like to the guitar. The only rule is that it must still be playable after it is decorated and able to hang from the ceiling at Vinyl Taco.
– 2D and 3D artists are welcome to apply.
– All sides of the artwork will be seen, so keep that in mind in your proposal.
Liability and Publicity Release
By submitting a proposal and samples of your art for the Guitar Art Silent Auction, you agree that:
• You are the sole designer of the proposal and the art that is submitted for consideration.
• The contents of the art are original and do not infringe upon any copyright or any intellectual rights of others, and that you have the unencumbered right to make this submission.
• You grant the involved organizations the right to perpetually use the art, including, but not limited to: reproduction, posting, displaying, creation of derivative works, or documenting the work in any media or in any form, now known or later invented, without limitation for promotional, documentary, celebratory or any other commercial or non- commercial purposes. You will retain copyright of the art.
• You have read and agree with all of the terms and conditions of this Call for Artists and hereby absolve Vinyl Taco and The Arts Partnership or its representatives from any claim or loss, either past, present or future, in association with the Call for Artists. The terms of the Call for Artists and any selected art are binding on the artist, the artist’s successors, assigns, representatives or administrators.
Contact for questions: Danica McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-237-6133.