Hi! My name is Maria Modi Tuya, and I just completed my first year at MSUM, where I am currently studying Communication Studies. I am very excited to have my first internship with The Arts Partnership! I love everything art, so I am super blessed to be part of a team that advocates for art and artists.
To learn more about me, here are five fun facts!
1. I am originally from the youngest country in Africa, South Sudan! I was born in Juba, South Sudan, where I spent a small part of my life. When I was 5 years old, my family moved to the United states to have a better life.
2. I am the 2018 North Dakota State champion for Poetry Out Loud. I made it to the top 9 finalists at the national competition in Washington DC, out of 300,000 participants in the country.
3. I am bilingual. I speak Arabic and English. English is my second language.
4. I lived in Cairo, Egypt for a small part of my childhood. I attended school in Cairo, where I learned to speak Arabic.
5. I love fashion. I was in Fargo Fashion Week and I had a blast!
Keep an eye out for more content from Maria Modi Tuya this summer. When you see her around at local art events, be sure to give her a high five!